Has anyone ever told you that you should sell your yoga or fitness videos online? Selling your own videos may seem like a bit of a daunting process, however if you break it up in separate sequences, you will find that it is not that difficult and can prove to be a viable source of passive income.
The thing that I love the most about selling your videos online is that once the video is created, it can sell thousands of times over. If you are looking for ways to increase your passive income (meaning income that comes in whether you work or not), then this is a fantastic option.
How To Sell Yoga & Fitness Videos Online
Step 1: Film Your Video
Some things to keep in mind while filming your video are the kind of camera you are using (HD is superior of course, but not always necessary or even recommended depending on your editing program), sound quality, background and lighting, voice over (or are you talking to the camera?), what will you be wearing (it is better to take time to choose something you like than have to redo it).
During this phase, it is best to do a few test shots to make sure that you are always in the frame, the sound is working, you like how you look, and the lighting is correct.
Step 2: Edit Your Video
The type of editing software that you use will determine what kinds of effects and transitions you can use to spruce it up. If you are willing to spend several hundred dollars you will definitely have more capabilities, however the editing program that comes with your computer (iMovie or Windows Movie Maker) should be enough to edit your film.
This will probably be the step that takes the longest if you a perfectionist as there are so many things that you can do to make your video interesting (ie. effects, transitions, music, voice over, titles and so on).
One other thing is to pay attention to the type of file you create. I recommend .wmv, which is easy for most people to download & watch.
Step 3: Create Your Online Store
1. The first part to selling your videos in your online store is to have a domain name and website where you can install your store.
2. The second step is to purchase and install shopping cart software onto your website so that you can upload your videos to sell. Looking for shopping cart software that is inexpensive and very easy to get started. Be sure that the software is equipped to sell digital products, as some are exclusively for physical products.
Step 4: Market Your Store & Videos
There are many ways to market yourself for free including:
* Create a blog and install it onto your website as well. Here you can write articles that will create keywords and help you to generate organic traffic.
* Join yoga and fitness forums and tell people about your store.
* Tell your classes. You are likely teaching offline as well, and can make a business card letting people know that if they like your classes they can access you from their own homes as well
* If you are in Canada, search for and contact online yoga resources. Tell them what you are doing, and even offer a free video for their site in exchange for a free listing of your store.
When your store is up and running, send me an email as I would love to check it out and do some yoga from home!